Tuesday, March 17, 2015

St. Patrick's Day Update

Just one last chapter and the rough draft to my kid's book is complete. Then, it's revision/editing time and off to search for a literary agent. The difficulty is placing words that a third grader would understand. I have to keep the sentence structure simple but interesting. Challenging them is one thing, but there are some words kids just don't use.

Time slows down when I get to the end chapter. It's hard to stop a train and a novel's resolution is much like that. Since I'm not self-publishing this title, I won't worry about developing a cover. That's one less item I off my to-do list. However, it does mean...getting a polished query letter together. Agents are particular folk, so it has to be exactly as they expect it.

I do intend on getting part 2 to "The Skateboard" completed. My target is Friday, but I have to get blood work done for an upcoming physical. It may be Friday evening when I finish it. Have a great St. Patrick's Day to all of you.

Before I close, I must note it was ten years ago my son was diagnosed with a high-functioning form of autism called PDD-NOS. Since no one knows what that is, we just say autism. My younger son was a little more than a month old. Anyway, be good to yourselves and if you find a leprechaun, be good to him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment