Needless to say, I was totally away from the Internet and my computer where I type out this coffee break on the Internet that is this blog. My mother-in-law took my family in, but then her Internet went down. Fortunately, I was able to add to my NaNoWriMo story, since I back everything on a flash drive. As of this moment I have 41136 words and the story is moving towards it's ultimate climax. Characters that need to have their day of reckoning could very well meet their doom. Should I send a prophet to warn them? Sorry, I don't have a prophet character.
Why? Why do I do all this? What's with all the writing and stuff? Funny you should ask. Here are five reasons that motivate me as a writer:
- Nothing thrills me as much as when I write. I wish I could never stop.
- I've tried other things...believe me, this is my favorite activity.
- I wish to do my part to keep the English language alive. Yes, I use Americanized English, but I live here.
- A troop of wild monkeys will hurl glass bottles and feces at me if I don't write. Boots, no...
- The real world often sucks, so I like to create a new one that has challenges when I decide the time is right.
Be good to yourselves!